Speaking for myself, juggling with my 3 jobs (I’m a full time Makeup Artist , SFX Artist, and Blogger) can be stressful. As much as I love what I do for a living, taking time off work (and the internet) is vital! That’s the only way I can fully recharge my batteries and stay motivated on the long run. Taking time for yourself is GREAT but sometimes it can be difficult to get back into the swing of things. Today I want to share with you some of my tips to be productive after some time off.
1. Start your day with a workout session: To me it is the best way to start my day pumped up and energized. I get up early, eat a good breakfast, and do a quick workout. It doesn’t have to be something super hard-core. What I love to do is a 20 minutes jog, or a quick Yoga session with the lovely Adriene.Working out or doing meditation has been proven to reduce anxiety and stress you’ll start off your day full of energy and in a good state of mind.
2. Get your groove on: Speaking of being in a good state of mind, for me there’s no better way to get excited about work (or working out) than to get my groove on listening to some of my favourites songs. Music can be such a big confidence booster!
3. Reassess your goals: You are getting a “fresh start”, it is the perfect time for you to write down your goals and focus for the upcoming weeks or months. Reassess what you want to accomplish. Your priorities may have changed, or you may have a brand new idea for that awesome project you’ve been working on for so long. Make sure you’re up-to-date with your desires. Nothing is more unproductive than working towards something that you don’t truly want anymore.
4. Write down a to-do list: Everyone knows what is a to-do list and what it purpose is right? Write down a list before you take time off or after you get back This gives you a jumping off point, instead of trying to remember what project you were working on, or what exactly You need d to do when I got back. Divide your to-do list in 2 section, the “work task” and the “personal task” , and prioritize what’s the most important first.
5. Take your time: Don’t rush it and overcharge your work schedule! When we get back of some time off we might feel like we are ready to take over the world but please restraint yourself. By going slow you’ll be more effective in the long run, and won’t run the risk of becoming burnt out before you’ve started to get back into your groove. Take your time and do one thing at the time -no need for multitasking- You’ll be surprised at how much more you’ll get done when you focus your attention fully on the task at hand.
That’s how I ease myself back to work after some time off. It can be challenging going back to work after a break but don’t stress yourself with a little bit of planning you’ll get trough it! If you want some tips oh how to stay inspired and motivated click here
Have you any other tips you would like to share with us? Write them down in the comments section below!
Love, Helene Xx