As you may know by now I’m currently visiting Europe (Belgium, Germany, Poland, and Paris) for a month, and while I love the excitement of going away experimenting new things making cool new memories, I’m not the kind of girl who really enjoys packing my suitcase. I’ve done a lot of traveling in my life and one of my biggest fear is to forget to pack something important, or something that I will really need (like a warm sweater). What make packing even harder at the time that I wrote this (yes this is a pre plan post) is that was still in the process of moving house so my things were pretty much everywhere, and it make it kind a hard to have a clear picture of what was going in my suitcase and what’s was not. Today I want to share with you my tips on how to pack so you don’t overpack especially if you’re going away for a long period of time.
Before I start packing all my things I like to think about a few things, like where am I going? What the weather might like be over there? Are the clothes that I’m bringing with me appropriate to things that I’m going to be doing?
For this trip I’ll be bringing:
- My beauty bag
- Clothes: 4maxi skirt, 3maxi dress, 1 pants, 1 jeans, 2 pair of palazzo (due to the nature of this trip I can’t wear anything that is above the knee), 2 pj’s, a couple of t-shirt and 3 sweater, underwears, and socks. I’m going away for a month, but I’ll be able to do my laundry every week.
- Windbreaker/rain coat
- A scarf (those things are pretty handy, you can use them as a blanket, a pillow, or an actual scarf)
- A swimsuit
- A comfortable pair of sneakers ( we will be walking a lot)
- A pair of sandals
- My cellphone which I will also used as an alarm clock, a flash light, and watch
- A note book and pencil
- European adapter
My carry on bag is a regular school backpack (that I will use as a day to day backpack too) I’ll be bringing it wit me on the plan so it has to be less than 5Kg.
In my carry on bag:
- My passport
- My travel money
- My camera
- My cellphone
- A dictionary French/Polish
- A travel size Bible (it’s the WYD, so this is a must have)
- 3 days worth of clothes and clean underwear (just in case my luggage gets lost or stolen)
- A plastic bag with 100ml of shampoo, conditioner, body soap, and moisturizer. I also make sure to have a travel sized deodorant, tooth brush and tooth paste.
So yeah, that’s what I’m packing when I’m going on a long trip and I want to travel light, as you can see it is super easy, I know that I have everything that I need and it gives me a peace of mind and I just can enjoy my trip and not worry about stuff being a gazillions different places.
Are you traveling this summer? Let me know what’s in your suitcase in the comment section down below!
Love, Helene Xx